Hopefully, doing this post will help me sleep better at night. writing things out is always good therapy for me. but, of course, the words just seem cheaper than the true emotion I'm feeling. maybe that means I'm a crappy writer!
the bombing of a marketplace in Peshawar, Pakistan this past week shook me up a bit. why this one?....as opposed to the myriad of other equally horrific bombings that I read about almost on a daily basis?? I don't know. maybe, it is just all coming together for me. how awful to live in such an unstable place. it takes news of this magnitude and for this duration for me to finally ask, how did all this unrest begin? I read a short bit about the Taliban here. The origins were very interesting to me and of course I'm left with the notion that I have much more research to do.





This photo is one that I'm clinging to. How simple, I know. I'm all about fighting for our freedom, supporting the troops, etc. Maybe the Taliban or Al-Qaeda were not behind this particular attack, but they often use these kinds of methods to intimidate and control.

Don't you just love the timing of things sometimes. My mom just walked in with a newspaper story about getting my kids vaccinated, and my eyes jumped over to the next story headline, "Former CIA spy to speak Monday." The topic at hand, "American Intelligence and the continuing threat from Al-Qaeda: Strategic and Ethical Implications."
wow. looks like I'll be finding a baby-sitter to see a lecture this week!





No comments:
Post a Comment