Question/Answer Session

Sunday, July 17, 2011

You Give and Take Away

Remembering you, M, today. It is amazing how quickly the light of life can be taken away.

Your soccer skills baffled Finn and I just had to sign him up for soccer immediately after these beach sessions!

Photobucket




Your manners and patience with Ally and Eric amazed me.
Photobucket






You shared all your toys with us that first day.
Photobucket






Photobucket







Photobucket





Looking at these old pictures, I do miss the beach. When we moved more inland this past year, it just made more sense to take the kids to the local pool or to a beach closer to our house.
Photobucket





I miss this beach.
Photobucket





Today, at the same hospital Finn had his surgery to repair a broken arm, our summer pal gave his last breath. Both boys had unfortunate accidents. Our perspective on the severity of Finn's injuries was put in place right away with the loss of our friend. As we sat watching Finn sleep today in his big hospital bed, both Cam and I felt amazing blessing that Finn will be okay and also tremendous grief for our friends.
Photobucket
Life is fleeting. We all know that so well.
I need a moment this week to just sit at the beach. Not watching toddlers play. I just need to sit in that sand again and listen to the waves.

3 comments:

Jodee said...

Life IS so fragile. I'm so thankful that we are in God's hands and can rest in that! Praying for strength and wisdom for you to be able to minister to your friends.

Christy said...

:( So thankful that Finn's injury wasn't more serious. Praying for a quick recovery for him, and praying for your friends as well. Thankful that Cam is home right now to be there with you through this!

kcolquitt said...

so sorry to hear about your friend, and also glad finn is ok.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Bookmark and Share