Question/Answer Session

Sunday, October 18, 2009

I'll have the works, please!

Some days just work out so perfectly. Well, I shouldn't say perfectly. Beautifully is a better word. lately, I've been cultivating my inner artsy-fartsy. so, for dinner one night, we decided to create more of a mood. I didn't really know what mood I was going for, but I just didn't want it to be the same-old, same-old.
Photobucket


candles....
Photobucket


We plugged in the indoor, counter-size waterfall. Very relaxing. We lit a few more candles. And we ate a yummy dinner of sweet chili, corn muffins, veggies and dip....
Photobucket
(btw....if you want to make corn muffins worth eating, add an entire stick of melted butter to the regular mix! but, if you want to be healthier........)

Photobucket
I know I've said this before, but giving my kids a platter of veggies before dinnertime is an amazing way to get them to eat veggies! Thanks, Mama Rooke for your influence here! It looks like the veggies quickly turned into two planes colliding.
Photobucket



and gingerbread men. well......they were not too fast for us. we gobbled them up!
Photobucket

but the mood created did last longer than just the dinnertime. Cam got to read to the kids.
Photobucket



Photobucket



Of course that included some play time, too. he can't resist.
Photobucket

and the little one had one of his cutest nights ever. Eric's album is in the works, but i had to include these shots tonight!
Photobucket


Here's our maid cleaning up after dinner tonight. I made sure to dirty every pot for her!
Photobucket


Oh, just kidding. Isn't my mom wonderful, to help out in the domestic realm!
Photobucket


Thank you for everything, Mom! This next picture is the first picture I've ever dedicated to someone! Jan, this is for you! We miss you guys! : )
Photobucket
What a beautiful cousin you have!


I also have been blessed to be able to sign my kids up for two Parks and Recreation programs for this fall thanks to the grandfolk! Finn will be on ice skates! and Ally will be.......... can you guess?
Photobucket
last night, she even slept in her little costume!

tonight, the home is cozy, happy, warm, and all those in the home seem to be thankful. this is one of those nights, where I pull on warm PJs, tuck myself into bed - under thick covers and give a sigh of joy. These nights and this peace are certainly put into perspective quickly since my current nightly reading is, "Hiroshima," by John Hersey. If you haven't read it....of course you know what I'm about to say........you need to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool way to deal with some of that crazy negative jabber... missing you guys and glad you're a good photographer... (I vote for the stick of butter! ;)

RookieVA said...

Wonderful way to keep us up to date on your family - miss you all.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Bookmark and Share