Question/Answer Session

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Having a House built on the Rock.

well...this note finds me curled up on the floor, weeping. the direction we've been walking as a family has been a hard, never ending series of changes. as a wife, I find myself busy adjusting to new directions, getting the kids ready for new places, a new job, new people, new doctors, new schools. and yet, it changes again. I weep for the change itself, not toward any person, especially not toward my husband. I desire for him to be happy and to find whatever it is he wants to do. And my way of loving him, is letting him take the way he goes, giving him my own thoughts along the way, but letting him search. it's a scary place to not know what's before us. But, I'm ok here. We will survive this time of wondering, searching. I can see how times like this can tear families or marriages apart. But we've got a great God walking this road with us. I don't think our love for each other has ever been stronger. I don't think my respect for him has ever been greater. And, the above statements are vague but they have to be right now. That is where we are living.

A lovely blessing to have during this time: friendships, mentors.....those that are right there to encourage, to hold up in prayer, to walk with us as well down this curvy road. These women have been God's grace to me in many ways this winter. Their roads are curvy as well! Wouldn't you know! We are all in similar boats with similar stories and struggles.
Photobucket


This particular day we met was this gal's birthday!
Photobucket


Her lovely mother (and our study leader) made some amazing....
Photobucket

rolls! Yum!
Photobucket


the kids got to enjoy the festive house!
Photobucket


with balloons everywhere...
Photobucket

while we study and have some time to just talk as women, a couple of brave young ladies,
Photobucket


watch a lot of little ones!!
Photobucket


Thank you ladies for letting me land in your group and for nurturing me so greatly in friendship and the Word! : )
Photobucket

But, this is one compartment of the heart right now. Another is for Haiti. A friend from UMass, Tim, and his wife just adopted two boys from Haiti and their struggle to help the families and children of the orphanage that was destroyed has been another issue tugging at my heart. Check out his updates here. I believe he just boarded a plane yesterday.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Bookmark and Share