Population: 1.1 million
Weather sunny and 70 daily: check.
Mexican food 24/7: check.
Playdates: check, check.
See Camlon in his uniform: Check!
Live near official frisbee golf course: check.
Encounter our first rattlesnake: check (Yikes!)
Average number of times Rachel gets lost daily: at least 3 times
Finn says, "Mama. I thought we were going to the park."
Rachel, "ah......yeah......I just keep making right turns, but somehow we are downtown. Hold on a second."
30 minutes later, we finally arrived at the park all b/c I missed one turn!!
Anyhoooooooo.....
Now, without further adieu, my current list of loves:
1. He's Finally Tall Enough to Peer Over when I sneak into their room.

2. Finding a Ship Playground



3. Palm Trees

4. A non-cheesy smile from Finn!!

5. Getting tangled in Ladders

6. New Friends

7. Dirty Knees and Big Boy Swings

8. Baby Feeding Himself

9. Wide Open Spaces

10. Kicking Off Our Shoes!

11. Kickball

12. The Ready Stance

13. A Well Deserved Jammie Day

14. Milk and Cookies at 10am on Jammie Day




15. Feeding a baby cookies at 10am on Jammie Day!


16. Playing Prince Ali over and over while Finn march's in the parade...

17. Using Someone Else's Fabulous Cookware. This Rachael Ray sheet makes the best cookies ever! I do sometimes love this whole renting-a-furnished-apartment thing.

18. A Girl and Her Shoes

19. And Fun Hair-Dos

20. Eric learning to descend the stairs without rolling down them.

21. Playing at the Park right near the airport. The planes just seem to fly right over us.
Finn always says, "Is that Grandma's plane?"

22. Eric's Pig Face when the Sun Comes Out

23. Ally's ability to talk to EVERY person that comes within 10 feet of her.

24. Rainbow Cakes

25. Happy Birthday, Ally!


Yum!

26. My little Girl is Three!

27. A Simple Birthday Party.

28. Their Dancing. Oh, I know it won't last forever. But, every time they imagine themselves as prince and princess, the dancing begins!

29. Birthday cards that transform themselves into jeweled crowns.

30. Finn gave me another great smile. And to think he is almost 5.
Finn, you are such a joy to us. Thank you for all you've taught us so far in your precious life.

31. Three.

32. All the awesome presents. THANK YOU!

33. Fun with Mommy's glasses.



They could be triplets! Hahahehe!
34. Opening the Presents Daddy's Way!


35. My Jekyell and Hyde Baby!


36. More New Friends and Afternoons at the Zoo



37. Every city should have a Central Park

On the craziest of crazy days, I do envy you, Koala! Is there a Yoga pose called, "The Peaceful Koala"??

There should be.
And lastly......
The Final Days of Nursing. I always want to remember his eyes. The way he looks at me. And both of us know everything is going to be alright.

Family Storytime. Current selection: 'James and the Giant Peach.'

Finn's eyes in this picture make me laugh. Gosh, do you really have to give away the fact that the picture is from self-timer!? The camera makes this awfully loud beeping when we try to self-time, and it makes the kids stare awkardly!! Yes, I know. I will read the manual......when I find it.
That's my lengthy list of loves for now. The winner from last post's giveaway will be posted on Friday at 1pm (Pacific Time). Leave your comment if you want in! Your chances are great! My own mother didn't even comment!! :P heehee!





8 comments:
BEAUTIFUL pictures Rachel! Your children are so lovely (and so are you). Thanks for sharing all of this...I mean it...I would even say it without the potential of a prize!
What a lovely family! Looks like you are getting used to your new home! Best of luck and keep enjoying those babies!
I can't believe how old Eric is looking now...such a big boy! Annika still talks about Phin and Ally all of the time and always wants to play hide and seek like they would. We miss you but I'm glad it looks like you're adjusting!
We are thinking of you while we are watching the Cards play the Padres. The sun set looks amazing! Your photos are so fabulous! My personal faves are, of course, the kids wearing glasses...it is like glimpsing into a crystal ball! Bottle some of that great energy you have over there and send it my way will ya?!
wow, Rach, what an incredible post. I saved all of the pics, so precious are the memories. The plane comment made me miss you guys so much, tell him ASAP! Love the moose T-shirt in California.......Another birthday soon - what tricks are you planning?
MomMom
I love reading your posts and following your family around. I can sympathize, I can't tell you how many times I've been lost since moving to Tampa!
"read the manual".... ha!
oops.... meant to do that anonymously..... ;)
Post a Comment