Question/Answer Session

Monday, June 28, 2010

Food Revolution: In Progress-Sort Of


Wondering what to do when the little monkeys are a little stir-crazy?
Photobucket

If you've got restless natives and a walk-about just isn't in the cards b/c of the helicopter flying over your house saying, "The robbery suspect is male, wearing tan pants and a black and white shirt....." How about we all set up shop in the kitchen and cook some Japanese brown curry together! Afterall, we can also designate July to be: National Cook-with-your-kids month!

First, lock all doors and close the blinds. Check!

Leave all messes as they are.
Photobucket


Put on some new tunes.
Photobucket


Name the coach: Mommy!
Photobucket

Name the players:

FINN. The Star
Photobucket
Player stats:
Favorite book: Disney Storybook
Fave Color: Red
Fave Food: goldfish
Fave Movie: Tinkerbell
Favorite park: Zoo park
Best Friend: Cousin A!

ALLY. The Wild Card
Photobucket
Player stats:
Fave Book: Peter and the Wolf
Fave Color: yellow
Fave Food: milk
Fave Movie: Cinderella
Fave park: Zoo Park (we just went to that one you see!)
Best Friend: Finn

And the Secret Weapon...
Baby Eric. The Judge
Photobucket
Stats: Unknown!! We can only guess.
Fave Food: grapes
Fave song: Dolce Vita by Ryan Paris (Hands down still gets him groovin' every time). so, we've moved it to the top of the playlist for this occasion. Enjoy.


Task to Master: The Curry (Ok, It's in a box! Easy and not so healthy. However, it is a start!)
Photobucket


First, we must get The Judge happily distracted. One My Little Pony and a tea kettle with cups to bang on the ground is a good first play.
Photobucket


Second, Player 1 is ready to help peel carrots. I demonstrate how to do this and then, he's off on his own!
Photobucket




Photobucket



Taste-Testing along the way: Gotta make sure our carrots are fresh!
Photobucket



Player 1 gets tired and needs a rest on the bench:
Photobucket


Here comes Player 2!
Method used by coach: Distraction
She's making her own soup in the sink, while I chop all the veggies.

She needed some spice!
Photobucket



Photobucket
(I'm just a tad upset about that salt since I've now run out, mid-week! Sigh, it did go toward a good cause!)


Photobucket
Her soup looks awesome!!


While I'm chopping, I smell something.........not good. The rice is burning. How does someone burn rice? That's pretty lame!
Photobucket


Attempt #2 at Rice.
Photobucket
I also notice my pots dishwasher spotting! Good thing this isn't for a magazine or something!!

Ah....A success so far!
Photobucket


Ally helps stir the pan with my supervision.
Photobucket

Photobucket

While, our curry does it's final simmer, we notice Eric's productivity. He tried to put his socks away in the drawer. So adorable!
Photobucket


Viola!!
Photobucket
O-So-Yummy in Mama's tummy!


What did the Baby Judge think of it?? Not so impressed!
Photobucket
Yep, that's right! One sippy cup Down.

Well, better luck next time! We had fun in the kitchen, though. That's what matters. And another plus, I didn't do any damage to the kitchen pans! Yes!

Happy Cooking everyone! Got any funny kitchen stories to share! :P

6 comments:

Unknown said...

My favorite kitchen/kid story... I had lots of toddler-type toys in a bottom drawer in the kitchen for you to play with while I cooked. You were very busy and quiet for some time.. when I looked, you had taken most of the toys out and were in the drawer, happy as a clam! (It was a big drawer.) This became SOP for awhile!

Rachel said...

That is still one of my favorite baby pictures! Although, maybe that's b/c I always saw it on top of your dresser!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! This post was SO fantastically fun and creative. I ADORED it! What a great idea : ). I am visiting today from your comment at Enjoying the Small things blog and I am SO glad that I did! I especially love Finn and his need for a time out on the bench! what a cutie!

timevdebt said...

A loves to help stir ANYTHING!! But he has to take lots of 'breaks'!! S likes to just sit on the floor and play with the measuring cups and spoons :) What a fantastic post! Thanks for the big smiles you gave me to start my day with :)

Summer said...

Girl, I am right there with you on the burning rice! We are such kindred spirits!

Rachel said...

Baby's favorite song is gone. RIP... sad moment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Bookmark and Share