
During our church service this morning, they recognized many individuals for their service to our country from assemble persons on all levels (city to state) to the police force, fire and rescue.
Camlon received this medal and he had the honor of standing at the front of the chapel with other service members from all generations, 19 of which were survivors from Pearl Harbor.

I know that whenever Camlon stands to be recognized for his service, we both lift our eyes to heaven and remember Eric Terhune and all those KIA.
The fourth means a lot to us and its importance seems to grow more and more each year. This year, the cost of freedom is something I'm dwelling on.
"But you must remember, my fellow-citizens, that eternal vigilance by the people is the price of liberty, and that you must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing. It behooves you, therefore, to be watchful in your States as well as in the Federal Government." -- Andrew Jackson, Farewell Address, March 4, 1837

More from our 4th celebrations to come! Have a lovely day!





2 comments:
We were watching the Boston Pops Orchestra with Toby Keith last night and he sang "American Soldier" - thought of you guys and how proud we are but still hoping Cam stays safe. Is it wrong to think both ways?!
LOL, Dave keeps talking about moving on to our next location somewhere and I just keep thinking... but we haven't even painted the walls in this one yet! I figure, as long as I live in a place where the GPS works (screw you Boston) then it can only be so hard to find a new grocery store right? I miss you guys out there, let me know when you get the webcam fixed so codyliscious can see his cousins! Love you!
Post a Comment