I knew this house was temporary until we found one, but I'm really falling in love with it. I love the neighborhood (well, to the south!!) and the weather is cool and breezy every day. The search is on to find the perfect little nest for us, but it is not easy. And, it takes so much time to consider the options, to discuss the options, to try and drive by the options with a GPS that seems to lose my track and shows my car flying over bridges instead of, indeed, staying right in my lane ON A MAJOR HIGHWAY. How do you lose a signal on a major (old) highway?? I almost threw it out the window today. Almost. What stopped me?
I could picture Cam's face when I told him........ and I didn't think I could tell him without laughing.... Overall, that would have been too terrible to endure. And, If I did throw away that expensive little gem, I could no longer make fun of him for driving into that vulture on purpose that, OOOOps, didn't fly away on time and broke off our side mirror completely. I've got to stay one up on that one!!
So I decided to keep mocking it instead and take wrong roads on purpose. "Oops! I guess I didn't want to take that toll road. Again!!! Take that!"
*Ah-hem....sorry about that. So, you see, I'm a little uninspired......I miss Green Pond some days.. Did everyone check out Kate VDP's 4th of July pictures??? Hello! Soooo miss the fellowship and the friends. I miss family. And, I have to tell myself again, it's okay to be here now.
Our fourth was enjoyable. Most of our new friends had family visiting or they were on vacation. We always lean on the side of "loner" and we are trying to break that leaning, but for the 4th this year, it was wonderful to spend it just as a family.

Ally and Finn's first sparklers!

We got a package from Iowa! A total care package full of crafts, clothes, notes and of course, a Spongebob puzzle!

Finn is so into puzzles right now. This was put together immediately!!

Love the surfer theme. Daddy's a great helper!

Ally's new dress!

See, Rachel! You did have some family LOVE coming your way on the Fourth! We've been slowly getting into these video chats with our loved ones from far away lands....We love it! Unfortunately, they will be postponed for a short time until we get Cam's computer fixed. Like I said about the GPS.....what gives!!??
So, tragically, I haven't been feeling very inspired. The camera has been left at home during various outings. Today, Finn had his first soccer practice and I was hoping to capture some fun moments from that. Ah, next week..... :)
But, I like ending this little vent session with these photos. Remember that smile Ally had in the photo from the last post?
This is why she was flashing that smile.
Apparently, it is sooo funny to hit yourself repeatedly with a talking hulk glove.

I believe Daddy taught her that fun! Caught some great smiles though! *winks*





No comments:
Post a Comment