On ship, during a special time in the morning, the night crew gets to play a song for the morning crew.....
Last time Cam was on the night crew, someone in his group picked this song!
Hilarious!
Of course, if you knew me as well as Cam does, you would laugh until you split your sides at my first sentence. I've never been self-motivated, except in very short bursts of time. Then, I need about a week to recover.
In fact, I've decided not to look at my clock in bed anymore. I have to have it on my nightstand as a back up for Cam's alarm. But, after I get him set off and I go back to bed carrying either Finn or Ally with me, I will not look at my clock. Why?
I've noticed that I wake up only a little later and I see light outside and I decide, well, it must be time to get up....I feel ready. However, I then look at my clock and realize it is only 6:15. and I go back to sleep.
Today, after waking up at 6:15 and going back to bed, I finally got up at 7 and said to myself, "Okay....well...you didn't get your own time in....so you just have to jump right in and change diapers, make breakfast, etc." Which I did.
But, I also didn't fret about it. It was Okay that I got up at 7. We did our normal morning routine. They kids were playing fine, so I came back in to my little reading nook (pictures to come) and had a moment to myself. Sure, the kids came in to check on me but for the most part...I had a little time to myself. It was in the middle of the morning and it was quite lovely. I had a little time to spend with each of the kids when they would wander in. They would come and curl up in my lap. I would read a book to them. Then, they would be off doing something else.
I even got a 20 minute workout in and a shower during Eric's nap. Exercise is something that I just don't think to do and when I do it, it is one of the short burst things, and then I need a LONG recovery time before I feel up for it again. But, I need to do it and I need to do it with my children.
I'm not going to schedule myself silly. Or my kids. I'm going to have an agenda of all the important things that need to happen. Writing. Reading. Recreation. Eating right. Quality time with the kids. Errands. Chores. Etc. I guess I just want to hold myself to it in a more natural way. Like the French way. Oui! Oui!
Schoolchildren in France do not even get up in the morning until 7am. AND, they have Wednesdays off. The WHOLE day. Yes, I think I shall take on a french way of life...
We shall finger paint!




We shall bake.

...and be proud of our baking!

We shall play dress up...

We shall begin our school day with prayer and school house rock..

our favorite one so far...Conjunction Junction.

We shall try to make scientific discovories.

We will do our writing AND play pirates at the same time. ARRR!



The french love their bread and yogurt. We shall love our tea!

French school children typically have 1 hour for lunch and then, 1 hour to play before they begin their afternoon classes....
We shall horse around after lunch...

We will be naked!!!! As Ally likes to say and live.

And Harvest our Lemons!! *cough* well, Our lemon (singular!)...

That was the best lemon ever!!

When Daddy is home, we will play some more...


ARRRRRR!

We shall take time to snuggle, suck fingers and rub ears. (Nice technique Eric)

This was the first time we saw the crossover technique.

Dishes? I don't see any dishes!

The dishes will wait....But, not for too long, or I'll have a whole day of cleaning and that just doesn't jive with this whole French thing we've got going on.
THEN, we will have days like this one!!

Where we thought it would be just awesome to bring all the kids to a Blue angels air show.
I would like to say at this point that I maintained sanity through this whole ordeal and actually was so amazed at the parts of the show I did catch. It was sooo amazing, I didn't really grasp the reality around me.
Like the fact that we made the kids walk 2 miles to the show from where we had to park.

Cam carried everyone (Eric on his back) for the last portion of the walk.

However, the walking didn't stop anytime soon as we paced back and forth through the crowds trying to find the best place to watch AND we realized the free military day was the day before when Cam was at sea!!
Eric got so jostled in the backpack that he threw up on Cam as we were about to talk to a manager about the ticket price.
I was wiping up puke, telling the kids to get in the shade of a garbage dumpster so as not to burn....And taking in the planes flying over us faster then the speed of sound.
It was loud! Ally could not even see the planes. It was high noon, sun beating down and the sound would come way after the plane. She was scared and didn't know where the sound was coming from!!

We decided to leave early and have Cam and Finn try to return the next day when tickets were half price. Cam wanted to take a short cut.......

We walked and walked and walked.....and finally we turned around and headed back for square one. Ally and I couldn't even keep up with Cam. But, I was laughing and enjoying the planes still. Being close to Cam wasn't ideal as he smelled strongly of sour milk.
Cam finally set us up under a tree to wait while he got the car. The kids were still in a great mood and declared, "Yeah. We are having a picnic."

That picnic consisted of one apple, some carrots and a bag of goldfish I had recently gotten in a care package!! We had no water... I was finally feeling the heat and knew I was seriously dehydrated.

The kids were totally fine.

We made it home fine. It was one of those drives home where you just sit staring straight ahead in a fog!
And, now getting back to the dishes, at least I've got some friendly faces to pray for while the dirty work gets done!

About the alarm clock thing. I'm just going to get up when I feel ready. That might be earlier then I think I should be getting up, but what the heck.....! I'm sure most mornings, that won't be until the kids are pulling on my hair, asking for breakfast.





No comments:
Post a Comment