Every day, this is our neighborhood at sunset. Skies are clear. The sun tucks itself behind our ridgeline. The temp: a balmy 72 degrees.

It's been like this for the entire first 6 months we've lived here in Southern California!
On Thursday, we welcomed with open arms ~ our first California rainfall. It happened in true California fashion...With the Sun full shine and blue skies abounding still!

The kids were pretty excited to see rain again! And we also had rumbles of thunder all afternoon.

The sun was so strong, I was telling the kids to look for a rainbow, but there was none.

The storm drains were deluged.

It was quite a refreshing afternoon...after our week of triple digit heat.

However, around sunset, I happened to glance out our back window and........called to the kids immediately to come see! Even Ally got to come out from a Time Out!

This is what we saw; the most piercing rainbow. It was brighter than any I'd seen before.

And, I noted that the color of the sky was different from the inside of the bow to the outside.

The Tanis family took care of us many times during our time in New Jersey. I also grew up with many wonderful neighbors. Neighbors, that through dinner exchanges (I'll explain more later!) became truly an extended family.
But, this was quite a welcome to our new neighborhood. Our neighbor across the street came over and rang our bell, b/c the view from the front yard was ten times better.

The bow stretched right over our house. We just met the neighbors in the other house pictured here. He was the last out of all our surrounding neighbors to give us a welcome and a phone number in case we needed anything. Six neighbors in all have come over to meet us. I've never felt so welcome and comfortable in a new place.
I am so thankful for the providence it was for us to get this house. The city we are in is highly sough after and to get this house...I happened to be the first caller on the listing...only 4 hours after it was put online.
For a song, I've added my favorite piano song, Schumann's Traumerei, played by Horowitz. I found this recording on Youtube. It is absolute perfection. It goes so perfectly with this post. Enjoy.





1 comment:
Wow!
Post a Comment