Question/Answer Session

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Catching a Sunset

We planned it all week. We knew Wednesday would be in the 80s. It was our first trip back to the beach in awhile!!! I had my photography partner in crime with me! We need to go into business together. R.J. Photography...... I like that name! Hmmmmmm......

It was actually the first time for me at this beach. It was my favorite beach so far, hands down!
Photobucket





Ally was the only one prepared for the beach. Finn was in his swim trunks all day, ready to go! But, when we unloaded from the van, he was fully dressed! Hmmmmmm... Needless to say, Ally spent the whole time running in the water and going in a little too far repeatedly. Finn also was drenched, spending the whole hour we were there rolling and rerolling his dripping wet pants higher and higher!
Photobucket




Ally was her usual friendly self! This boy didn't really know what to make of her.
Photobucket




Such a beautiful kite....
Photobucket





And a beautiful family flying it. Their little girl ran about us in a beautiful ruffly yellow suit.
Photobucket






Photobucket






The next people to visit us will definitely be coming to this beach!
Photobucket





Our friend was so keen on building a wonderful sand castle.
Photobucket





and Finn was keen on destroying them all. It was a bad combo, but we survived. Many tears were shed though!
Photobucket






Photobucket





My partner in crime!
Photobucket




...and, well. We both wanted to drop the kids for a second, put on wetsuits and get out to do this:
Photobucket




I caught some sweet moments with Eric, too.
Photobucket




and Ally!
Photobucket







Photobucket





I've been feeling a little strange lately. It isn't exactly a funk. I just have big decisions in front of me and I'm flaking out. I can not make solid decisions. I think after getting to the beach last night, I feel ready to jump back in again. My sleeves are rolled up. I'm digging in. And I quote from another mama's recent post: "I'm going to say "yes" [to the kids] more and "maybe later" less.
Photobucket

Who is in for a day at the beach with us?! You are only a short plane ride away.

9 comments:

RookieVA said...

On my way! Eric is already lookin' like a beach bum - you are so in trouble!!

Jorie said...

Little Eric's hair definitely goes with the Surfer Dude theme! I love those locks!

You know I definitely hear you on the feeling a bit off thing. I think we all have to go through that once and a while to remember how to get back on again! Can't wait for beach weather up here again! Soon enough...

Katie and Beau said...

Love those curls and love that beach!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the link. Nice photography! :-)) That last pic of Finn laying down looking back at you is so incredible!!! My gosh..every one of these pics are frameable!!! :-))
~Suzanne

Unknown said...

Sorry..I think I was referring to Eric! lol (sad about the whole small group thing!) :-((

Diane's Photography said...

Hey, this is Diane from Tonya joys workshop. I sat next to you, probably the oldest lady there haahaa(but I wore a red shirt) haha. I love your blog, it was very fun and enjoyable to peek at. Just wanted to pop in and say hello to you and hope all is well
good day to you
Diane

Rachel said...

Awww, Diane! We had fun together that day:) I like that profile picture of you guys...where was it taken?!! If you "pop" back in to check! ;)

Diane's Photography said...

I'm so excited that you checked out my blog! Yes it certainly was a fun day. I am eager to get some more photo shoots done! haha. The profile photo was taked on the salt flats of Utah. My husband's father had a business in car racing. There's been many cars raced there so we visit it many times for old time sake :D
as for the logo, I cheated. I looked up 'photographer logos' on www.etsy.com I tried to make one but couldn't figure it out. So I hired a lady on Etsy. there are premade one that are inexpensive but I wanted a one of a kind...and I love what she did. I wanted a shell theme sense I do alot of photos on the beach.
hope all is well with you, you kids are darling! I love hearing from you, it's fun.
take care, love ya
Diane

Summer said...

Do not cut his hair! Ever! They are all so beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Bookmark and Share