Question/Answer Session

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Holding Life with an Open Hand

What is racing through my mind at this moment.................
Photobucket



How blessed I am.


One week earlier, Camlon comforted Finn in ways I could not. Finn wanted his Daddy at the hospital.
Photobucket






Photobucket






Photobucket





The morning finally arrived....We stood at the pier at 5am.
Photobucket






Photobucket







Photobucket






Photobucket







Photobucket







Photobucket






Photobucket






We drove over to North Island to watch them pull out of the channel.
Photobucket





We weren't the only ones!
Photobucket







Photobucket





Photobucket


As Eric cried out tonight for Daddy, I soothed him as I do every night, singing Baby's Boat and Twinkle, Twinkle, stroking his forehead with my thumb.

This separation seems painful, as if it is tearing our hearts in two. Yet, and the same time, it is so magnetic, seemingly knitting us together closer as a family.

We sent you out to sea with open hands and full hearts.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Rachel, such a simple post and yet I'm crying my eyes out here! I can only imagine how you and the kids must be feeling and how this WILL bring you guys closer. Praying that you continue to have the strength and love.

Brian Bledsoe said...

Thanks Rachel - feels like I'm part of the family when I read these. We are praying for you guys up here.

RookieVA said...

Thanks, once again, Rach, for sharing your pictures and thoughts with us. What a powerful morning that turned out to be. Technology is wonderful, tho, isn't it? No more waiting for that letter in the mail! Lot of love & hugs coming your way.
MomMom

kcolquitt said...

oh rachel, the locket slays me. you still render beauty despite the pain. prayers from afar...

Diane's Photography said...

Oh my Rachel, this post is a tear jerker, I am so grateful for our servicemen and their families! Pictures spoke louder than words in this post! Our family will keep you in our prayers.
love and appreciation Rachel
Diane

Anonymous said...

I am crying my eyes out. It hurts to know you have to go through this. God bless you and your sweet, sweet family. I am so glad I am meeting you tonight. What a blessing. Love, Becky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Bookmark and Share