I have this fabulous friend........she might as well sign up for Project Runway: Costume Edition next season. She is phenomenal when it comes to creating original costumes! One of my first memories with her was in her garage, when she was knee deep in spare stroller parts and paper mache. The goal: to complete her son's transformer costume before halloween. I wish I had a picture to show you of that masterpiece....Truly amazing! Disguised ugg boots, milk jugs, wheels, flashlights, etc. Incredible.
Last week, we both said our goodbyes to our wonderful husbands. She is well seasoned when it comes to deployments and so, she fittingly planned to have a nice girls night with her favorite people from her mom to her newest friends (ME!). But, it wouldn't be complete if it wasn't a theme party. So.......we had a monster ball.
Yes.
It was all about Lady GaGa!!

I have more pictures to tag people in for facebook, but only a few of my favorites will make it on here!
We had a costume contest which I certainly was in no place to win being 4 months pregnant! However, these women had some rockin' outfits!

My favorite shot from the night! She stole these reflectors off her son's transformer costume!!



Yes, they lit up!

We had fun posing!

Of course, this was our contest winner!!



Gotta have nights like this sometimes, ya know!

Okay, stop the music at the bottom. I know many people that read this are not particularly a fan of Lady GaGa. Maybe, you even cringe when you hear the name. BUT, I have to say, when I found out that she was inspired by Freddie Mercury among others, I got pumped! And, in this clip below from the Howard Stern show (another show I would never listen to!!!), you can truly see the charisma in her that Freddie had. Not too many musicians lately have brought that kind of flare to the stage! Anyway, if you so desire, here is that clip!
I still am not a GaGa fan for sure, but man, does she have a voice!





2 comments:
haahaa, what a fun evening that looks like! I should do something fun like that with my friends here too! Nothing like a costume party to find your fun self. Congratulations on your pregnancy as well. that IS exciting!
love ya
Oh my gosh! I love your friend. How creative and fun is she?
I am so sorry your husband had to leave. I just said a prayer for his safe return.
Post a Comment