as they step into our dining room, the table is actually clear with only my camera bag resting on one corner.
chester is resting comfortably, sprawled out over both the dining room carpet and the kitchen tile, listening to the hum of the dishwasher I just started.
there is a baby crying. the sound is muffled but comes from the back of the house. he sounds restless and overtired. the cries come in spurts as sleepiness starts to overpower his crabby mood.
ally and I are in the kitchen. the spinach is wilting.

the walnuts are toasted and being chopped. one lone lemon wedge is ready to be squeezed.

my little helper has already eaten raw spinach, some nuts, even a sizable chunk of lemon peel when I wasn't looking!

cooking w/ mama helps her to not think about the boo-boo she got this morning. it just wouldn't be a complete day for Ally if she didn't skin her knee once!


so, pull up a chair and enjoy a Greek rice bowl with spinach, feta and walnuts. ally would never eat this if I put a bowl in front of her with the finished product. but, if she cooks with me ~ she'll eat anything!
welcome to our home in this moment. for this slice of our life. it's a wonderful life, truly. Cam said this to me yesterday, "after thinking through all [these difficult/emotional issues] i just realized it's life." we can't wait around through all the stress for the silver lining to come. we can enjoy the time we have together as a family through it. it was a wonderful moment for us to share.





1 comment:
Rachel, I love reading your blog! Thank You for sharing and being so real, honest and all inspiring! It's a pleasure to know you and see a glimpse of your lovely life through your eyes! Peace and Love
Post a Comment