It read, "Oh yeah, Ohio! That's the Potato State."
I could not stop laughing. Is there anyone from Iowa or living in Iowa that is reading this!? Are you laughing? I've heard that so many times when I explain I'm from Iowa. And, 90% of the time, the person I'm talking to is not joking.
And now that we reside in Iowa for the time-being, let's document a typical day.....

wow! they look pretty bored. Not much to do I guess......
: )
well, we do start our day with a little sesame street after breakfast. This gives me some time to shower, make beds, throw in a load of laundry, do the dishes and see what's in store for the day.
Sunday, September 27
the kids love to watch the trains downtown.



today, I actually had someone take a picture of me and my triple stroller. the looks we get cruising around town are pretty funny. and the comment is always the same, "wow, looks like you've got quite a load on your hands." But, if I'm pushing a single stroller with the two older kiddos running wild ahead of me.... No Comment. : )
we strolled around the Octagon Art Festival downtown.

Cam was working.....selling pork chops and homemade root beer. we said hi and got hugs from the cook!

As I wheeled the kids quickly by all the pottery, glass, etc.(yikes!!)......I let them loose by the band to jam away.


they even played, "walk the dog" an Ally favorite!

alone in the stroller, Eric still managed to show us his dance moves.

the kids art station was cool and Phin and Ally got some balloon dogs.

Ally scraped up her knee as I was crouched in an alleyway, feeding the baby. Her scream was bloody murder! I wrapped her knee with my HH(!), gave her a balloon animal and all was well again.

until we got to the car. Finn's dog blew out of his hands and immediately popped! He burst into tears, Ally burst into tears, Eric was already whining with hunger. And the day ended with all 3 kids screaming in the car while I loaded the stroller. : ) but all comfort was again restored soon!
Stay tuned for future Iowa adventures. Will Ally touch the one-legged grasshopper??

Can he hop with only one back hopper leg?

Find out soon!





3 comments:
I was just in Iowa on Friday and didn't see anything nearly as cool as all of that! LOVE the pics! :)
-tegan
I agree with you Rachel.. Everyone thinks we live in Ohio and that it's the potato state! I figured it was people in NJ not knowing anything about the midwest =)
Love the T-shirt on Phin ;-)
Miss you guys, thanks for sharing.
Mama Rooke
Post a Comment