Question/Answer Session

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Nesting in Newport

I was planning for this posting to be a very special one. The very first picture would be of Cam, in uniform, and me together at last!

But, no. I could not take pictures on the base and he could not leave the base during his time off. But, we did finally reunite. He got to hang out with the kids for a brief time. We got to be together in the morning for a couple hours on Sunday. He helped me at the grocery store and we sat down for a nice lunch at the Navy Exchange ~ a little shopping area on base.

Now, he is buckling down for these next 3 weeks of training.

I'm sure it is good for me to be here now, but it also seems more difficult for Cam. We are so close and yet he cannot be with us. Life after this program will be a lot different and we are certainly looking forward to the 2 weeks he will have off afterward! The passionate side of me just wanted to jump into his arms and plant kisses all over him, but I couldn't do that for a few reasons.

1. His mom was right there.
2. Those uniforms are so stiff and I thought he'd rip a seam!
3. That darn hat of his (excuse me ~ cover is the proper term)!!! The cover brim and my glasses, it was hard for us to even connect lips!

And none of those reasons would really ever keep the passionate side of me from pouncing, but this final fourth reason sealed the deal. No passionate outpouring at this time.

4. The look in Cam's eyes that spoke of fear. Was it even okay for him to be relaxed and hanging out with his family? Only 24 hours prior to us arriving, he'd had very little time to just be himself for the past 2 months.

There are many pictures and stories to share from our trip out! Most of the pictures are from here in Newport or in Michigan for Grandpa's 86th birthday dinner. But, my time is short today. I will leave you with just a sneak peek....
Photobucket
I want to raise my children in this house. It is perfect. The sun pours in from everywhere.


This trip truly could not have happened if my wonderful mother-in-law had not joined in on the adventure. The perfect weather also helped. Four straight days of sun ~ no rain, no snow. Amazing! Thank the LORD!!!!
Photobucket
It's still winter time out here, but spring is coming in fast. Jersey friends, come and visit. The Vanderbuilt Mansion is amazing. I know I'll be posting pictures of that soon!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the post! Missing you guys! Love, mom

RookieVA said...

And I thought you HAD attacked him with kisses all over - regardless of my being there.... Ha
the living room looked alot messier when I left.....you must've cleaned up abit after I baby-sat!
Miss you guys already

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Bookmark and Share