Question/Answer Session

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sometimes, It's not so glamourous...

motherhood that is.....

as the stomach bug makes it's way through the house, I realize once again how truly heroic any parent is. The days of being taken care of when sick are in the distant past.

I curled up on the floor outside the bathroom with Ally Saturday night. Both of us were sick and honestly, that little patch of carpet in the hallway sure looked good at the time. The baby was the first one sick and being sick myself shortly after and having to nurse him more than normal, dehydration quickly set in. Luckily, my mom wasn't ill yet and could help me out a bit with the other two. Of course, she is lying in bed as we speak. When I bring in her crackers and soda, I say:

"hehe.......happy retirement!"

My brother makes her a personalized crossword puzzle as her gift. and what do I give her?? Time over the bowl! That's what I give her for her 30 years of hard work and sacrifice!

we are also busy preparing for our trip East. Cam has decided to stay the course so to speak, and we will be staying near him for his final weeks before the graduation. More news to come on this.

oh, and I forgot to mention the root canal I had this morning. Gotta love the simple things in life!! I'm actually very grateful for proper health care, good doctors and dentists and the ability for them to numb me while the work is done! oh, and good dental insurance!!

and our photos are simply from around the house this past week cause..... that's where we've been!

Pre-sickness. ahhhh....I didn't know what was coming!
Photobucket
i sent some of these to Cam.

he's on the move and he loves electronics...
Photobucket


look how fast he goes!!!
Photobucket


i imagined this was how her tummy felt!!
Photobucket


The night before the big black plague hit, we did enjoy some brownies!!
Photobucket
the finished product sits in the fridge.....no one's going near them yet!!


Photobucket



Photobucket


bath time
Photobucket



Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket



ah, the good life!! laundry...sick kids......but, still, so much love.
Photobucket


it's funny looking at myself in my old room, holding my own baby. Part of me is taken back in time when I stand in this room...when I look in this mirror...
Photobucket



Photobucket
oh, for the love!!!! i hope we all get better soon. Finn is next in line. i'm watching him like a hawk! and for any of you out there that are sick, well....Happy Retirement to you, too! Oh, and get well soon!

1 comment:

Midnight Reflections said...

what a beautiful little one! you have. just found your blog, on enjoying the small things. God bless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Bookmark and Share