Question/Answer Session

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I think I will invent something called "Flashback Therapy"

You know the days......They swoop in so quickly like a swift slap to head. The bully did it and then he laughs at you as he bikes away.

Today was absolutely gorgeous. Beautiful. My kids, amazing. We went to the library, the park. We had a lovely picnic in the sunshine and ocean breeze.

Then, I got the phone call. Another glitch in our paperwork. Moves are never easy. As if I have time to call all these companies, people, 7 times to explain everything again. I don't understand why insurance companies can't seem to keep the same staff on board. It's always a new person who has never encountered our situation before. They say,
"Oh, well, let me take your number (ah.....you called me!) and I'll investigate that for you."

Then, I got the bill......You know the kind. The kind that was initially a billing error from a medical service that was covered by insurance, but somehow....it keeps creeping back into our mailbox saying, please pay me!! Sometimes, I just want to call right when all the kids are screaming and just listen to them explain it to me all awkwardly...........

"Well, we must have misplaced the paperwork you had *screaming and loud giggling in background*** ah, sent us....."
Me: "I understand."
"Well, you see *ear piercing, blood curling screams*** is there a better time to call?"

Me:".........nope."

Wouldn't it be fun to then explain the whole thing to them perfectly calm while WWII is ripping through my house.

Just kidding. Camlon, my sweetheart, is gonna lay into them tomorrow. OH, don't worry! He'll be really sweet about it! *winks* At least, they will only hear their own sad whimpering as they apologize profusely to us for their error........Well, I'm dreaming. It never quite goes like that. I actually like that office b/c they've been nothing, but extremely cheerful and seemingly helpful and patient on the phone. I've been pleased with their service. EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT THEY KEEP BILLING US!! *smiles*

So, I thought since "adult stuff" seems to be trying to get me down, I'll post this lovely picture I just got sent to me. Awwwww. The good life circa 1981. I'm in the red shirt and glasses on the bike....Aren't I rocking those pants!?
Photobucket
JUST KIDDING!!!!
That's my awesome brother. I'm, of course, in the green sweater, really rocking the scooter! My brother's actually about to run me over, I bet. Man! Life was rough then, too!


Oh this beauty. This photo is the one that seems to reappear all the time when I return home. It's a favorite....Right up there with the one of us sitting on my neighbor's backstep, eating ice cream cones.
My neighbor and I on our first day of kindergarten! OH yeah....And our brothers. :)
Photobucket

I don't know what it is, but when I think back on childhood, it always puts a smile on my face. I'm sure not everyone has that experience. My parents are breathing a big sigh of relief! But, I do enjoy thinking back to simplier times. It's a therapy for me.
gotta love those rolled socks!

Well, that just cheered me up a bit. Cheery-o. Goodnight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I hear you about the screaming in the background during a phone call!! Hilarious!! Those pics are so fantastic, I think Scarlett looks just like you on your little scooter :) Sending happy vibes your way!

Anonymous said...

your humor makes me laugh a bit this evening... thanks.

I hope you guys are taking opportunity to listen to our new sr pastor preaching the Word! soooooooo good! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Bookmark and Share