Question/Answer Session

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

80 on Christmas Day

It's been known to happen out here. I've heard from a very wise source, our friend, Dixie, who stopped by for a little din-din the other night!

But, before we get to our fun evening with Dix, I'd like to be domestic for a bit. Lately, I've been feeling the need for a bit more spice. Eric keeps pulling these red shoes out of the closet, so.....I popped them on.
Photobucket


I also took off my Grove Cafe sweatshirt and put on a nice top. I opened the make-up tote and dolled myself up. Bronzer, Ruby Red lipstick, etc, etc....
Photobucket



Then, I wiped off the red lips! Cam likes 'em natural!
Photobucket



But, I kept on the red shoes.....for about an hour....and then, my feet hurt since I've never actually broken them in. But, I fear those shoes, that I got for a dollar at Target may never actually stop hurting my feet!! Ah, cheap shoes....Can definitely live without those.

So, I dolled up Ally!
Photobucket


Sidenote:

How majestic is this picnic spot?!!
Photobucket


MomMom, we had so much fun with you here! Come again and read more Spot books to us!
Photobucket


Come and give us another date night!!!
Photobucket


On December 1st, After sayings our sweet goodbyes to MomMom at the airport, we continued to decorate the house....
Photobucket



We started out with a Charlie Brown tree and then decided to break out the big boy!
Photobucket


I updated the Christmas music on my playlist. Are there any new Christmas tunes you readers are particularly digging this season? Is there one Holiday song that you love to hear every year? Please share yours!
Photobucket


We've been baking...
Photobucket


Although, I've been trying to go a healthier route! These cupcakes are amazing and they are good for you! Maybe I'll post the recipe......maybe not ;)
Photobucket
The frosting is killer!


Laurie Brown's granola is also making a strong come back into my recipe line up. All our recent visitors loved it! I don't think Cam managed to eat very much of it! It would be gone over the course of one of his duty days.
Photobucket



Ally samples the frosting!
Photobucket

Lip smacking is a good thing, right?
Photobucket


But, who honestly wants a recipe for "healthy cupcakes"???? Hmmmmmmmm......?


Then, jump back to last Sunday night, as we prepared the house for Dixie's visit! Here's a little tip from my house to yours: get a mini vacuum and your 3-year-old will LOVE to help!
Photobucket


Pre-Dinner snuggles with Daddy.
Photobucket


Smooches, but not exactly under the mistletoe!
Photobucket


The first present to grace our tree!
Photobucket




She brought surprises for us as well. Don't you just love an unannounced gift exchange!!
Photobucket



I love how Dixie is looking at Eric here!
Photobucket


Thanks for such wonderful company, dear friend. When you visit, it truly feels as if Eric Terhune is also there in the midst of us!
Photobucket



Next on our list to do together: Visit Eric T's memorial at Mt. Soledad. Soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Healthy cupcakes sounds great to me! But also can you post that granola recipe you mentioned? I need a new one! -tegan

Anonymous said...

Hey! We have the same circular wall candle holder!

And question-those Terhune's wouldn't happen to own or have family that own a farm in Princeton, NJ? We go to this great farm called Terhune Orchards all spring, summer, and fall long! We love it!

PS I love making recipes a bit more healthy...applesauce instead of oil always does the trick too!

Summer said...

Oh my goodness! You should have prepared me for this one! So beautiful--choking back tears.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Bookmark and Share