Question/Answer Session

Monday, December 20, 2010

I'm taking a mini vacation from the blog until the new year for 2 reasons.

1. Enjoy more time just reading and being still.
2. I need to lesson plan as I will be Finn's tutor at his school for the next semester.

Also, I haven't been able to work on my recipe book and I'm really excited about that project. So, I didn't just want to slop something together by my self imposed deadline of Christmas. The project needs TLC!

As my family approaches Christmas this year. I thought it would be fun to take a look back at our 2010.

We ended 2009 living in my hometown in Iowa.
Photobucket


On, December 6th, Camlon left to begin OCS training in Newport. I was fortunate to have a friend from high school already out there with three children of her own. Her husband even had the same job Cam was training for.....it seemed meant to be that we would cross paths.
Photobucket


Eric was a wee little babe of 6 months!
Photobucket


My Mama took great care of us while Cam was away.
Photobucket



I met some pretty awesome women and their beautiful children! I reconnected with some old friends, too!
Photobucket


We drove out to Newport in February when Cam was finishing up. We stopped to wish Great Gramps Happy Birthday!
Photobucket



We saw some old pals in Jersey!
Photobucket



Photobucket


We settled down in Newport for 2 months!
Photobucket



I do miss the East Coast sometimes! It was really a treat to be out there!
Photobucket



We had serious fun in Newport!
Photobucket


Camlon graduated as Regimental Commander of his class! I'm sure he is glad he will never go through OCS ever, ever again!
Photobucket


Cam's whole family gathered!
Photobucket


In late April, we left cold and windy Newport.
Photobucket



Photobucket



And, began our cross country trek right here!
Photobucket



Oh yeah, Camlon got a cool new phone!
Photobucket



We managed to make the trip with the help of MomMom! What a brave, brave woman!
Photobucket


Visited awesome family and friends along the way! Here we are at some random park in Albuquerque, NM. Beautiful place.....well, in spring time at least!
Photobucket


Ten days later, we arrived at the Pacific ocean!
Photobucket


Friends were made.
Photobucket




Photobucket


Birthdays were celebrated.
Photobucket




Photobucket



First steps were taken!
Photobucket



Official Homeschooling began through our local campus of Classical Conversations!
Photobucket



A little mermaid came to visit!
Photobucket



Cam and Finn played dress up!
Photobucket


Finn fell in love with the winner of project runway from Episode one. She even sent a message to us in response to one Finn had written to her! Go Gretchen! Here we are walking in some of Finn's creations! Gretchen is featured in the current issue of Marie Claire Magazine. Go get one! :)
Photobucket



Camlon adjusted to ship life.
Photobucket



Photobucket


We met Dixie. We crashed a Thanksgiving Dinner ~ we were invited the day before! We had a fantastic time with very hospitable people! We had many more visitors and friends pop in to say, "Hi!"


And now...(drumroll, please).....To choose my favorite photo from 2010...
Photobucket


Ok, Ok.....My actually favorite was from our Christmas card this year!
Photobucket


For my own record, I'm going to post some of my blog headers as well! It has been my intention to do this all along, b/c when we print the blog, the headers are not a part of it! So, here are some of my favorites for our future photo album!

Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket





Photobucket






Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket



And, my goal for 2011 besides just enjoying the day to day mundane would have to be..... To continue to think outside the box! My parents always said I was the "creative" one!!! *winks*
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your mini vacation from here! Try to relax too even though it is a busy time of the year!
Merry Christmas! Wishing you a healthy, productive, happy, restful new year!

PS My favorite header would have to be the one with Eric's little feet under the curtain...and that picture of him in the kitchen with the pots and pans is great!

Melanie said...

Loved seeing your Christmas time photos ~ so glad it was a bit more quiet. I love that about our Christmas as well. Oh ~ and I loved your Lego photos! Cooper (13) uses his camera to take frame by frame Lego photos to create "movies." I am amazed at the things he thinks of to make the action seem so real!

Tutoring, huh? Guess that's what happens when you scare off the other tutor. Hope that goes well!

Happy New Year to you and yours, Rachel!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Bookmark and Share