
Cam spent a lot of time here.

I spent the week before Christmas flat on my back.

It was my first Christmas without making the famous Yardsticks! We had these instead...

We played lots of games. Cam enjoyed growing a beard.

By Christmas eve, I felt much better and we ventured out with some friends....

We even dared to enter Candy Cane Lane, the self-named neighborhood that goes all out with their light displays....

Traffic was thick.....

We opted to walk and enjoy the lights up close!





I love California. This is how you decorate a palm tree!

We were very excited to receive these gifts and opened them immediately, even before Christmas! I'm glad we did, b/c inside were our Christmas jammies!!! Thanks, Jan!!!

I was very excited to have the kids make Christmas cards for our wonderful neighbors...

They did an awesome job. Unfortunately, since I got sick, our cards sat on the piano undelivered AND all the cookies I made to go with the treats got eaten....Grrrrrr.
Christmas morning:
We opened all our awesome presents!

Ally and her mountain of dollhouse stuff!

Finn and Daddy put together one awesome Pirate ship! It took them 7 hours over the course of 2 days to complete.

Camlon liked to sit back and watch Finn go! He did an amazing job.

another good find.....

Handyman extraordinaire!! Camlon hung up mirrors, pictures, etc....

I need to get more pictures on this wall!!!


He even got me ready for our next school semester. We laugh at the size of our current white board!!! Finn has memory work that only takes 20 minutes a day. We go over those at breakfast time. Then, we have the rest of the day to tackle the fun stuff: Reading, writing, math, crafts, getting outside, etc.....

Eric was not very interested in his gifts this year. In fact, after about 15 minutes of present opening, he was done. He spent a majority of his Christmas day wearing a duck party hat and playing with his turtle.

Although, this past week, he has really enjoyed the toy pizza! He cuts up the pieces and tops them with mushrooms and puts them in the "oven"(actually a big plastic castle of Finn's) and hands them out to people!
Our Christmas was quiet, but filled with love and thankfulness!
To ring in the new year, Ally announced that she has an imaginary friend. The conversation went like this...
Mom and Dad are talking at the table. Ally comes in very sad holding her knee.
Dad: "Ally, what happened?"
Ally: "My friend kicked me in the knee and it hurts!!"
Dad: "Ok. Let me look.."
Ally: "His name is Charlie and he's this big." (she pinches her fingers to make a small size.)
Yeah, a little Elf friend to start the year. Hopefully, he won't be hurting her all the time or she's going to come in one day and say,
"Well......I stepped on Charlie!"





2 comments:
Those are some crazy Christmas lights! There are a handful of homes around here that do the same but not all in the same neighborhood! Sorry you were sick but glad you got to rest! And I never knew imaginary friends were so rough ;)
Cam helped me on my memory of the imaginary friend. When Ally came in and announced her "friend" hurt her, Cam said, "Is your friend in here?" and he tapped her forehead. She shook her head and said, "No. No. He's right over here." and she pointed next to her. Then, she showed us how big Charlie was!
Post a Comment