Question/Answer Session

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Down the Line

I'm taking a big step in a new direction.
Photobucket



A new path is before me. One I never thought I would embrace.
Photobucket


And it involves being outdoors a lot more.
Photobucket



Even in our jammies.
Photobucket



And especially with our favorite panda.
Photobucket


It involves tossing a lot of parenting advice I've gathered from books over the years out the window. And embracing parenting styles and methods that I did not think highly of before. Attachment. Gentle discipline. Waldorf inspired study methods... I'm giving these philosophies a lot of thought and consideration.


Finn needs something different. I'm viewing the life of my children differently. They are children. They need LOVE. Connection. Creative outlets. Boundaries. Good behavior and love modeled for them. They do need correction and consistency in the rules for the family.


As a mother, without condemning my past choices and parenting, I'm looking at Finn and our other little ones in a whole new light. I'm trusting my own gut a lot more. And, we are putting all our family "rules" and discipline methods on the table for evaluation.....Let's define the difference between parental authority and being overly domineering. Authority and consistency are musts and bring children great comfort. But, I need to learn to just continue to reinforce the boundaries and not expect perfection. Ever. I need to let my children grow.....and learn in a loving, caring environment of HOME. Our home.


And, wouldn't you know. As I sat pondering these very things, we got a little visit from a "praying" mantis!
Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket





Photobucket




Photobucket





Photobucket

The power of nature. It continues to awe us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all I just want to say how I love the fact that we barely know each other and you notice how much Liam is growing! Because looking at those pictures after taking them that day, I couldn't believe how old he is looking!

Secondly, I like what you say in this post about reevaluating your parenting style. I find myself doing that often because I am so ever lovin' worried about making sure I am doing the right things for them to make them good, compassionate, loving people. Especially on days when I feel like my patient rope is shorter than ever!

It's good to know other mamas out there are doing the same thing!

Hope you guys are having fun getting ready for Christmas!

Summer said...

This pictures are amazing! Great thoughts too. Love your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Bookmark and Share