Lately, it feels as if I must fight hard just to get what I need. Stores don't even understand their own coupon policies and a 15 minute run to the drug store takes an hour. (time vs. money indeed). Or, trying to figure out what's best for my son's education and I'm up against schools that have such rigid guidelines. Finn is intellectually ahead, but behaviorally, he is behind, and the school would put him with 4-year-olds that don't even know their ABCs. And, that darn state of New Jersey, that still is holding out on our 2009 return just because we joined the military. I have to make 5am calls only to be on hold for hours and then, we get letters in the mail, saying we must do another step through their system of hoops....hopefully, so that we will give up I assume.
I have to vent today. I think this is just a part of being a mom. I don't want these frustrations to consume me. I got a great email once that compared being a mother to that of the old cathedral builders.....That the cathedral wouldn't even be finished in their lifetime. No one would know whom it was that tirelessly crafted the details of the building. And maybe even, no one would really care to hear about the day of the builder and what small section got completed that day. Sometimes, people are so awkward around me or they don't know what to talk to me about. I'm just a mom....what do I contribute to a conversation. Just give me a chance, will ya!

Hopefully, the hole I put in the wall today will be easy to fix!





3 comments:
I remember Cam putting a hole in a wall once, did it ever get fixed?
What was that saying that Shan passed on - we're all doing the best that we can - and, amazingly our kids turn out OK! You're a wonderful Mom, wife, daughter, friend, and lady to talk to!
It can consume you, especially when you least expect it. It has to be so frustrating what is going on with Finn and school. I can only offer the advice to do what you think is best for your little guy! You know him better than anyone else.
And Eric's face says it all...that's exactly how I have been feeling. The weather here has been out of control and with that, our roof and bay window have begun to leak in some areas. So we have a bit too much on our plate right now.
But I know this is small compared to the stresses of a military family. We are praying that things settle down for you so you guys can all enjoy each other now!
PS We moms can always chat ;)
Rachel, you are not alone! Honesty brings us closer--hang in there! There is a blessing and a purpose somewhere in this. Hugs!
Post a Comment