Question/Answer Session

Friday, February 25, 2011

The Orchard

****disclaimer*****I don't mean to post these to make my poor SIL down south more envious of our weather, but I did want to get the kids out for an evening stroll, before the rains come this weekend.

We walked off the beaten path to a very mysterious place.
Photobucket



There is this orchard near our house. Is it called an orchard when it is citrus fruit? I suppose not.... We were exploring this grapefruit "grove" near our house. I've heard it called a grove before......
Photobucket




Anyway, no one seems to harvest this fruit. It all just rolls down the hill and collects at the bottom of a fence near the road.
Photobucket




I didn't think anyone would mind if I stole a few shots there. We may be back for some fruit as well. I'm trying to get a few more neighbors in on that one though.....If we all just go together........it will be alright!
Photobucket




I got the kids dressed up, threw some mentos in my bag as a reward for catching smiles.....and we were off for our adventure.
Photobucket




Eric was pretty focused on the mentos! Photoshoot=candy. He can actually say the word, Candy. It's right up there with how often he says, "That way," another of his favorite phrases to tell me when I'm holding him. And, it is usually in the direction of more food.
Photobucket





a sneak peek at something to come.......my signature.
Photobucket




Can you believe I forgot to take off that crab sweatshirt!? He had on the cutest little pineapple shirt under it! But, I like the crab, too.
Photobucket




Finn is becoming quite the little photographer!
Photobucket




The kids love to wear this white hat of mine. They pretend they are Fievel from "American Tale"
Photobucket





Heading home for dinner......
Photobucket

I have a few more days left on my Lightroom free trial. Hoping to squeeze in a couple more shoots! :) Although, it is likely that a purchase will be made in the near future! Has anyone else tried the lightroom free trial from Adobe? It is very user friendly. If you do and you need a little help to figure things out, send an email to: fetephotography@yahoo.com. They walk you through at the beginning to show you how the program flows. But, you might have questions about some of the features to actually edit with. It is a lot like the Picasa program, though.


As I write this I believe another snowstorm is dusting the Midwest. Don't worry! Spring is coming soon! Plus, I really love this picture in my mind: My mom, curled up by her fireplace with a good book and some tea! Whenever that image pops into my head, I do long for another winter back in Iowa!

4 comments:

Jodee said...

Grapefruit is one of my FAVORITE fruits and those look DELICIOUS!! Hope you can find the owner and get permission to harvest a few. I'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome that you have that so close! And not only is your SIL jealous, but so am I. Loving the pictures and that last one of Finn is great! Might have to try that Lightroom trial out...

Rachel said...

Do Jorie. It is relatively user friendly, compared with Photoshop. Also, if you watch the trailer I just posted, could you send me a message about your thoughts from 9/11. I'd love that! Thanks!

Rachel said...

Jodee!!!Love you, Lady! We shall try to find permission! I've been thinking of you a lot lately! You are in my prayers! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Bookmark and Share