We found it!
Balance that out with healthy meals and trips to the farmer's market.
Popovers
Lemon Parmesan Pasta
Supposedly, our country has banned pesticides that other counties still use. So, when I am at the grocery store, I try to get produce that says it is from the US.
One day last week, after a morning of play, the house looked like this....
I just wanted out! I looked online all morning for a little gateway that could be reasonably priced yet still nice for us.
Summer in San Diego is not the time to be vacationing on the cheap. Sooooo... I decided to revamp the house a little!
Surprisingly all the hard work really did help, and I felt like I did achieve some kinda of new, fresh retreat. My room is a favorite. We have hardly decorated ever, but just organizing and moving around the furniture with the kids help really improved the room!
Imagine a more manly desk and this is Cam's area! We have the map there, so we can mark off where Daddy is traveling to!
A little reading nook!
I even set up some games for the kiddies to play as if we were at a new place!
Then, we pitched the new tent in the backyard and read books, did shadow puppets and watched the stars until we all fell asleep. Only Ally and myself lasted outside all night, but it was still a really fun time!
In all my cleaning, I found this interesting article. A wedding invitation for Andy and Laurie Brown, our dear friends from New Jersey! Let me know if this is the only one left and you guys need it back. I found it marking a page in our big family Bible! I have no idea why we have this in our possession!
Finn and Ally have been playing together so well lately, I love it!
They are at such great ages!
Oh, and speaking of food, our lovely babysitter dropped this off for us before Cam left with a note of appreciation from her family for our service. It was so thoughtful!
To end on a funny note, my kids were mesmerized by this crazy video of North Korean kids playing guitars!
The whole rest of the day today, the kids were playing their guitars! I got some funny videos.
More to be posted later. The doorbell has rung and a Papa John's delivery person is on the other side. Pizza and Movie night has begun.





3 comments:
Love those pictures of the the kids with the donuts! And you are right, one can't hurt ;)
And can I tell you how much I am in love with Trader Joe's?!? I have to drive to Princeton to go there but it is so worth the drive! Try those same cookies in the chocolate on chocolate...Yummy! Happy Weekend!
I love how you blog, the pictures are fabulous and what a fun Mom you are! Golly, you kids are sooo lucky! have a sweet week!
Oh my goodness! I LOVED this post : )
I love that you got some donuts. Good call about all that fresh produce balancing it out : )
We had a few Krispy Kreme donuts around here and then they all closed down. They were the most scrumptious things ever.
I love your pictures.
Post a Comment