Last week, on the first official beautiful day here since fall, we had our little picnic near a local playground. I was surprised that the playground wasn't packed with kids. It was Saturday after all. I guess everyone is still in hibernation mode.
There is this great period of time in the life of a newborn where they start to really grow and fill out. Well......fill out is the nice term. I like to use the words: chunk up, "my little chunky," "Oh!!!! He's getting so tubby!" "my little tub of love." You have to say that last phrase with your lips puckered together in baby talk. : )
This picture is from week 2.

This one is from his first week.

And this week, he's just ballooning into the tubbiest of the tubbies. Well, my babies don't usually do the cute, tubby, rolls upon rolls thing. In fact, they never seem to lose their chicken legs. But, they sure do get bigger fast! Eric is already growing out of his newborn clothes!
Back to the picnic ~ BTW, aren't picnics just the best thing ever. I just found this cute basket and decided it would be perfect to fill with sandwiches, watermelon, cookies, drink cups, etc... With 3 children under 4, the prep and amount of stuff I hauled just to eat a meal outside was a bit crazy!!! Diaper bag, sling, nursing cover, purse, food basket, baby, Ally, Finn......oh, Yes, and the camera bag!

The hubby and kids were done eating before I even finished feeding the baby. They were off playing while I stuffed my face with food and then we took a few pictures!





The visit with Grandma is going well.....I've just been relaxing and resting so not much on the picture taking front. Grandma was looking at my pictures and saying, "I think the last time I was here, you took pictures of me at the kitchen sink! I'm always doing dishes!" So, the pictures aren't supper cool, but more will be coming! I can't believe we'll be taking her back to the airport tomorrow! The week went by too fast!





1 comment:
Hi Rachel! Congrats on little Eric...what a precious boy! Loved catching up on your blog this evening. You are so creative.
Post a Comment