Question/Answer Session

Thursday, July 23, 2009

{Farewell.........}

It might not be the last time my feet ever hit the sand of this pond, but it sure felt like it. the day was cloudy, muggy, but not oppressive. kinda how our whole summer has been. the kids played in the water, but did so shaking from the cold. they'd get some splashes in, run back to me and get wrapped in sandy towels, have a munch of lunch, then, run back in. the company was fun. when you get a bunch of moms and grand-moms together ~ kicking back at the beach, the conversation is always quite enlightening. I learned about the 2 week water/lemon juice/maple syrup/cayenne pepper cleanse....and to watch out for day 10 when.............well, we'll just leave that conversation at the water's edge!


Photobucket




Photobucket



Little Baby took to the pace of beach life quickly.....
Photobucket


Sometimes, I worry too much about getting it all done around the house ~ and I forget to get out and let my kids live a little! *Of course, throwing a move into the mix usually does mean a lot more time back at the ranch.

Today, however, after receiving the invite from a friend, I let all my 'goals' go and got the tots all suited and lotioned up.


Photobucket



it was certainly worth it.

Photobucket


Thanks for the invite.
Photobucket



As the women were discussing the process of The Cleanse, my mind wandered to a book I saw at BJs the other day. Although it is nothing new, it is what any person who wants to take control of their diets should read. Are you ready for the title?!!!!

"Naturally Thin," by Bethenny Frankel.

I know. I know. Laugh me out of the room. Could I really be mentioning a fluff book put out by yet another reality show housewife!!! Well... Yes, I am actually. Despite several glaring editorial mistakes, she gets her main point across and that is that diets don't work. she gives you 10 rules to live by which basically all boil down to:


Self control
eat what you want
never eat too much
eat real (unprocessed) food as much as possible
enjoy and don't obsess

It's fabulous. there are many other books out there that say the same things she does. Please, don't go out and buy this book. Her philosophy is what I'm praising. Her practical tidbits and recipes are a little....hmmmmm....well, let's just say, everyone's taste in food is different. All she's saying is to enjoy your food. Taste it and be satisfied. On a more caloric note, I just made these.....All 8 pans of them. Simply divine. Anyone helping us move Saturday gets a taste,too!!

My food related goal these days, especially with our next few weeks being spent on the road, is eating healthier foods. Plenty more fruits and veggies.

Speaking of being on the road, this may be the last post with photos until we get set up in the mid-west! I thought I'd include a few from today of all the kiddos.


Photobucket



They were running from a crazy photo-snapping daddy!!
Photobucket



Finn would always flash a smile as he went by. already such a little ham.
Photobucket


This old shirt of Cam's is Finn's favorite. The front reads Master of Mischief!
Photobucket




Ally loves picking clover and giving it to anyone around. I get a little bouquet every day!
Photobucket





Daddy finally caught some of her smiles and giggles...
Photobucket




Photobucket




Here's little Eric's toes!
Photobucket



Looking at daddy....
Photobucket




Photobucket
It's funny. I started this blog so my mom and dad and family could stay caught up with my life 1500 miles away. and now, it will be my husband who will be checking this. To see how the kids are growing up. the internet is an amazing thing. we are really looking forward to our next little bit of time together as a family before Cam's job begins (start date, we don't know yet).



Eric's already grabbing toys, cooing away, laughing, and he cries so dramatically whenever Ally is around him. She's anything but gentle!
Photobucket





I love how you can see dad's reflection in his eye
Photobucket


our next few days will be full of packing, moving, forwarding our address, etc. but, I know I'll find time to chat here every now and then......


so, I'll meet you down the line......







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Bookmark and Share