But that doesn't mean I don't have some pretty special things up my sleeve. The actual day may involve wiping up snot, changing dirty sheets, singing along to the WonderPets, listening to a lot of screaming, being jumped on, getting drenched while washing the tots in the tub, reading "The Lost Treasure of Skull Island," over and over and over, reading Animal Baby over and over and over. I still chuckle every time we get to the page about the blue-footed Booby standing on one leg!!
Heehee........

My night will probably involve a few visits from Ally to fix her sheets, Finn will wake me to say some nonsensical things and then wander back into bed and if I'm lucky...neither of them will wake the baby during those visits!! Then I've also got a hungry, grumpy Eric to feed, cuddle and soothe before my head can hit the pillow again.
...and to think all this pandemonium started with a few romantic Valentine's Days full of adventure and wooing and silly giggling maybe! One of my favorite "wooing" memories happened back when we lived in Upstate New York.
One evening, we were killing some time before meeting up with other friends so we went for a drive to my favorite area, Mason Lake. It was a bitterly cold winter night and the moon was full and brighter than I ever remember seeing it. The snow glowed and glistened. Cam decided we should brave the weather and go out on the frozen lake. Cam is certainly an outdoor woo-er! It was completely silent. You know......winter silent. And he simply started leading me into a dance. It was easy to just follow his lead and who cared about all our crazy steps about in the snow.
As we danced over that frozen lake in the silence, in the brilliant moonlight, I said to myself........wow! This man is pretty special. no, amazing....totally wonderful!! I'm so lucky to have him right here, holding me so strongly. My heart jumped beats. I'm sure of it!
It was a woo moment and I was totally wooed!
Even though my head is still spinning with all the kiddo action around this house, I think I still have some wooing in me. Here's a peek at my Valentine to Cam. Shhhhh! He won't get it for another week!

He got in trouble last time I sent him too many pictures. What's going to happen when he gets this?????!

I started off with 10 copies of this picture...

and I stuck heart stickers on each one in a different pattern to make a flipbook.
It's called a kiss-in-your-pocket!



Check out the creator of this project here.
And, if you are having one of those.......blue days, how would you feel if someone showed up at your house and presented you with this little guy?

I'll call him Curby. This caterpillar is about to find his new home at our friend's house. She just delivered baby #4 and about 2 weeks in, the flu struck!!! They are in recovery mode now. Hopefully, little Curby will be able to lift some spirits!
Oh, I love February.





6 comments:
OH MY GOSH!! Rach, that is the CUTEST thing I've ever seen! You have the greatest ideas - how did you come up with that?!
-Virginia
...the flip book, I mean. Although Curby is cute too!
-Virginia
Hi Virginia! The link is in the post. There are 2 blogs I read for creative inspiration. Colormekatie is one of them!
Wonderful ideas, Rachel. Should I take my computer so he can see the blog this Sunday? He'll love it....
Rachel....love Color Me Katie! I just saw this (Jacki told me about it on your blog)....she is so positive...and love how you carried out her idea! What's the other blog you use for creativity?
Are you taking special orders for 'Curby'? ;) that looks like it would send me off on a sugar high that would last the rest of this winter.
Post a Comment