Question/Answer Session

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The 5 Senses

This morning Ally was grouchy to say the least. She huffed and puffed from room to room. When it was time to get dressed, she refused. My fuse was getting shorter by the second. But, I decided to crack a joke and I started to pretend with her. I said,

"Oh-oh! The grumplepus escaped from the zoo again. We better go get her. The only way to find the grumplepus is if you start making the sounds they make...Like this..."

I proceeded to make a really mean face and I growled like the best grizzly bear I could.

Ally jumped right in and starting growling fiercely. We got dressed and laughed and moved on with our day.

While out on a walk later that morning, a young woman walking her dogs stopped to talk to my children.
She asked, "What are your names?"
Ally shouted, "I'm a grumplepus! And I'm on my way to the zoo."

The woman looked quite confused and didn't know what to say. I was laughing on the inside! And we went on with our walks, finishing the conversation with, "Enjoy your day."

Our day was a very sensory day and since I don't have much time to type at the moment, I'll just categorize our photos by a sense!

Sight:
Photobucket




Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket




Photobucket




Smell:
Photobucket



(While stirring the oatmeal this morning, Ally said, "I want to add vanilla." Sounds good to me. I just can't believe how much oatmeal we make now!!!)
Photobucket




Touch:
(From the book, "Making Things")
Photobucket




Photobucket





Photobucket




Photobucket



(First time my Christmas Chocolates melted during shipping!!!)
Photobucket


Taste:
Photobucket



Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket



(well.....not every morning!)
Photobucket


Sound: See post below!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That hot chocolate looks almost as good as the one from Serendipity's! Nothing like a homemade cup of cocoa! Hope you have no more grumplepuses tomorrow:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Bookmark and Share