
He got to tell me a little bit more about where his heart is at about our future.... where he is taking us as a family.

He is a very tender man. and quite methodical. He would never just jump into a new career without very careful planning. He seeks wisdom from many people. He sat next to me this night, asking my opinion for this big decision we were making. He asked me, "Are you onboard with this? Is this what you want as well? What are your questions?"

Through all our discussion, I felt very thankful and secure, knowing this man is leading our family. What a weight that may feel like right now, making a career switch with a wife and 3 small children in a bad economy. I'm so proud of him. I'm hurting with him for the difficulty is it to leave the things we both love about our current position at the church. We are leaving behind so many people that we do not want to leave behind.

we had time to just not say anything.....although I was feeling quite chatty so I think those times were for only 30 second clips........

Is it really possible that we live 45 minutes from NYC and yet 45 minutes from this......

I felt as if I was way back in Iowa, watching the rows of corn wave in the wind off of Interstate 35.....

It was a drive/conversation that all couples in the history of time have played out. The 'what next' dialogue. How fortunate that we are able to walk forward down this road together. we've got each other....and right now, even if all my other questions are left unanswered, it's okay. At least that is how I felt in the car that night.
~~~~
once the time came to actually meet up with our friends, the meal was amazing. This was just the beginning!

Thank you dear, sweet friends for such a generous evening at Mohawk House! Cam is still drooling over his pork chop, calling it the envy of the restaurant. We will miss you guys!





1 comment:
Hi Rachel! I've just had a moment to update my blog and catch myself up on yours. This is a fabulous post! You captured the moment so beautifully - what an artist you are! And I LOVE the Jersey Housewife post as well - have been pondering those same "outward appearance" questions myself and coming to the same conclusions - the smile part and everything. :) Have not forgotten about the Prov. 31 questions...my sister was here with her 3 and now our family is headed to Gordon College for youth camp - I will have more down time there!
Post a Comment