Portifino's had their usual tasty Italian fare. Danny emceed the night in his usual fashion. Each table of high schoolers seemed to compete for the 'who-is-having-the-best-time' award. The winner obviously was the table making the most noise! A couple rumbles of thunder reminded us
of last year's banquet which took place through a pretty big storm. Everyone looked so beautiful and happy. I had the pleasure of sitting next to Danny Jr. and Zach. Anyone who has heard Zach laugh knows just how contagious it is! : ) Cam and I were laughing the whole evening. Yeah to the seniors, Taylor and Nicole, who were able to make it that evening!! I can't believe Taylor is graduating! The time goes by so fast.
It was nice to be able to attend although I have not been a part of the youth group this year.
And through all the laughs, it was very bittersweet. There is something about these youth that just burns a fire right in my heart. And yet, we will be leaving them soon. Although, I've heard many say they will miss us ~ I truly believe we feel we are missing out on so much more. Sitting there, listening to Taylor and Nicole share their thoughts and memories, both Cam and I sadly realized yet again that we won't be here to see Kim or Laurilee or Scott or Kristen or Luke or........it goes on. I felt such admiration for the other youth leaders that have seen these kids grow up and having put seniors in that hot seat for 20-some years!
Here's the group:




Remember: If you ever need to laugh, find Zach......!

..................Or Kristen!


And here are the answers to the contest! Some of you are so smart and got them all correct. Prizes will be given out soon! Winners: Luke W. Mike F. and Scott L. and Kristen B.

This will always be a memorable evening for us. Thanks for making it so special.





No comments:
Post a Comment