Question/Answer Session

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

At Home, At Sea, and Homeschooling

When Camlon is home, I always breathe a sigh of relief. He's home. He's here, right in front of us. Ally ~ created a picture for Daddy.
Photobucket


Eric just loves to play with Daddy. Who wouldn't?!!




I finally was able to sit down this weekend and tackle the crossword my brother created just for me on my birthday! Of course, he had to throw lice in there! Cam jumped in as well and I think we may have finished it. There was one corner that was a little iffy. And, 15 across ended up being Opal!
Photobucket



We had a tea party with our stuffed animals. I knew I brought this tea set home from Japan for a reason! I love how Ally has her little daddy doll. He's played with even when Daddy is home.
Photobucket




Photobucket



The perfect dinner before an early morning underway.
Photobucket




As I watch the sunrise from our living room, I imagine Cam already aboard his ship ready to set out of the harbor.
Photobucket
He went to sea....

Communication can be tricky, but we try to email multiple times most days when he is out. Finn is old enough now to dictate his own messages and to read Daddy's special words to him. Cam will type in different colors for Finn.

We went on several playdates to keep busy.
Photobucket


I loved the bird that greeted us at our friend's house on Monday!
Photobucket



Our Park.
Photobucket



Photobucket



During naptime, Finn now has three choices: Play quietly alone. Read alone. Or take a nap. You can usually find him over at our bar table, creating a Star Wars battle.
Photobucket




Photobucket


he battles....

usually while I work on my posts during quiet time, Finn is across the room and all I hear is that shooting sound....over and over and...


It was potluck night again. Ironically, I made Faith Hart's chicken casserole and was going to call her in delight. Early evening, however, I heard about Ed Hart's second heart attack and decided to lift them up in prayer instead. He is out of ICU now, but still in recovery.
Photobucket
The casserole was rated a 3.5 out of 5 by one of the dinner attendees! And, I hear that mark is good enough to serve it again sometime. But, the response to that was, "well.....not every time." *winks*


Tuesday is our school day. We travel a good 30 miles to attend. Each week, a family does a presentation in front of all the classes. This week, we got to hear from a Firefighter/Paramedic. He gladly tried on his gear, explaining the reason for each item.
Photobucket



If his department was responding to a call, he would need to get into all his gear in less than 1 1/2 minutes. I love his daughter standing to the left just staring up at him.
Photobucket



The most important thing he shared was that families need to have a meeting place somewhere outside the home in case of any emergency. Camlon and I need to do that, especially in case of earthquakes. Upon moving in, I was shown how to turn off the gas to our house in the event of an earthquake. Very few houses have basements in California for that reason.
Photobucket




Photobucket


One lucky child got to try on the outfit!
Photobucket



All the classes learn the hand motions for the new time line flash cards for the coming week.
Photobucket
The man in the back is filming the motions for his wife!


Finn wanted to be on stage this week. It was cute!
Photobucket


I love seeing the moms as well and all the younger siblings that attend. Even babies! Actually, several husbands have been attending as their wives just gave birth.
Photobucket



We also always do our pledges.
Photobucket



Then, we break up into our smaller classes. I have these 4 cuties in the 4s and 5s class. It is snack time!
Photobucket



Then, Wednesday rolls around. We start each day with breakfast, CC memory work for 20 minutes, chores. We get dressed and return to the table to finish our school: Math (Saxon Level K), Writing (Kumon workbooks) and Reading (whatever easy readers I get from the library...current favorites are Frog and Toad).
Photobucket



Ally likes to color during Finn's school time and Eric just loves to be around us. That can be a challenge, but today he brought some cars to the table and played quietly.
Photobucket



Photobucket



Sometimes, their play can be a bit distracting, but we still always get our work done. I stopped school for a moment to take these shots of Ally. As she slowly pushed herself out from under the tablecloth, she said she was being born and was now, a new baby!
Photobucket



For math class today, Finn added pictures to a graph.
Photobucket



This was my favorite outdoor winter activity he created for his graph!
Photobucket


Eric is very under the weather. So, we had a jammie day basically and watched the Muppet Caper during lunch. This is my favorite Muppet movie! It was fun to see the kids enjoy it, too.
Photobucket


The evening came to a close with the classic game of Splat.
Photobucket


My bug is about to get taken out!


A lot of my photos on this post were taken in difficult lighting situations for my camera. High sun. I'm having a lot of trouble taking indoor pictures at night. I might have accidentally changed a setting on my camera that I now can't figure out how to fix. But, the first picture of Ally is my favorite. Did you have a favorite picture from today's post?!

Tomorrow we pick up PopPop! The kids can hardly wait....All I can say is PopPop, you better buckle up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I have two favorite photos: the first one of Ally is definitely number 1 and the picture of Phin laughing on the grass is a close second.
You guys have been busy! I can only imagine how busy it is when you are homeschooling when you have three little ones! Homeschooling is so foreign to me because you didn't hear much about it when I was growing up. And still, around here, you don't hear much about it!
Seriously, I give you so much credit for doing it!
Hope Cam comes home soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Bookmark and Share